> Annual NICA Membership Fee: $30
> Annual League Registration Fee
- Middle School Student-Athlete: $45
- High School Student-Athlete: $55
> Per Race Registration Fee
- Middle School Student-Athlete: $35
- High School Student-Athlete: $45
Paid by all student-athletes prior to participating in any league event to include team practices. New student-athletes are allowed a one-time practice participation with a signed parental waiver – subject to individual team policies. To continue participating after this one-time trial, all participants must complete Pit Zone registration and pay the league membership fee.
Coach Licensing Fees
> Annual License Fee: $30
> Annual Background Check:
- Year 1 – $38
- Years 2-6 – $11
- Year 7 – $38
Depending on which coach license level you are working toward, there are additional costs to consider – e.g., Coaches Summit,OTB 101/201, First Aid/ CPR/AED Training, etc. Cost for coach training courses are available on the Nevada League Coach Education Page.
> Non-Compliant Team Registration: $275
Teams that do not have a registered Level 2 or higher, and/or at least one member of the coaching staff that did not attend the 2020 or prior Leaders Summit.
> Compliant Team Registration: $175
Teams that have a registered Level 2 or higher, and/or at least one member of the coaching staff that attended the 2020 or prior Leaders Summit.
Are there refunds available for race cancellations?
- Please review the NICL Weather/Air Quality Protocol and Refund/Transfer Policy for information regarding refunds/transfers.
What other costs are there?
- Teams may have additional fees to cover jerseys and team operating costs. Check with your local team director for more information.
- Equipment costs vary greatly but all participants will be required to have at minimum the following equipment:
- Fully functioning mountain bike
- Hydration system
- Races are held in locations across Southern Nevada and there may be travel costs associated with attending the races. Check with your local team director on team policies regarding travel.
What if I don’t have the appropriate equipment?
- Many teams have extra equipment available for use. Check with you local team director for more information.
- The NICL will have details available about the 2020 loaner bike program.
How do these costs compare to other youth sports?
- We strive to make participation in the NICL affordable while staying committed to providing high-quality professional events with safety as our top priority. That being said, there are countless expenses related to running these programs. We balance our financial needs between registration fees, sponsor partnerships, fundraising campaigns, etc. Our programs run with membership and race fees significantly lower than other youth sports. According to Stack.com and USA Today participation in other club sports run 3-10 times more than what it costs to participate in the NICL.